We’re here to help.
With the spread of Covid-19, we understand that it’s important for you to have access to your HSA funds now more than ever. Our team is prepared for a higher than normal level of customer inquiries over the next several months, and we have contingency plans tested and in place for all operations.
Please visit this page for ongoing updates.
Changes in legislation due to Covid-19
- Testing for Covid-19 may be covered by HSA-qualified plans without application of the plan deductible and without cost-sharing
- Treatment of individuals with Covid-19 may be covered by HSA-qualified plans without application of the plan deductible and without cost-sharing
- Vaccinations continue to be considered “preventive care”
- HSA-qualified plans can be used to temporarily cover telehealth and other remote care services below the deductible
- Over-the-counter drugs and medicines can now be purchased using your HSA without a prescription
Managing your finances with your HSA
- HSAs are yours for life so your account stays with you even if you are furloughed or leave your job
- You can use HSA funds to pay COBRA premiums or any other health insurance premiums if you are receiving federal or state unemployment benefits
- If you need cash, you can reimburse yourself tax-free from your HSA for previous medical expenses that you paid for out-of-pocket
- You can continue to make contributions as long as you still have an HSA-qualified health plan
Tax deadline extended
In response to the Coronavirus, the IRS has extended the tax deadline from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020. Individuals may continue to make 2019 HSA contributions through July 15, 2020.
Your online account
At this time, we are urging all account holders and employers to please use your online portal to process transactions and avoid using mail-in paper forms. As this situation continues to unfold, our ability to collect and process paper forms could be hampered. Our service center can be reached at (888) 858-2739 and agents are available to guide you through all electronic processes.
Lost or stolen debit cards
If your debit card has been lost or stolen, our card hotline is available 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@HSA-xChange.com or (888) 858-2739.