Search News Posts

Tax Information
Resources powered by HealthSavings Administrators

Frequently asked questions

Our custodial bank reports withdrawals on Form 1099-SA and contributions on Form 5498-SA. These forms are mailed to the accountholder and the IRS. The accountholder is responsible for reporting contributions and withdrawals on Form 8889 when they file their annual income taxes. HSA xChange is not responsible for monitoring contribution limits or withdrawals.

Form 1099-SA is mailed at the end of January.
Form 5498-SA is mailed at the end of May.



The IRS has extended the tax deadline from April 15th to July 15th. Individuals may continue to make 2019 HSA contributions through July 15, 2020. Read more about Covid-19