Resources powered by HealthSavings Administrators
Are you eligible for an HSA?
Take this quick survey to find out now.
Frequently asked questions
Federal regulations require an individual to meet these eligibility requirements in order to open and contribute to an HSA.
An individual must be:
- Covered under a qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) on the first day of the month
An individual must not be:
- Covered by any other health plan, including his/her spouse’s health insurance
- Covered by his/her own or spouse’s medical flexible spending account (FSA)
- Enrolled in any part of Medicare or Tricare
- Receiving Veteran’s health benefits now or in the past 90 days for a non-service connected disability
- Claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return